Up to £45,000 (gross) per annum basic + daily allowances
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our Service and Aftermarket Team. This challenging role will work within the Field Service team to deliver right first time and in full delivery of field service to our worldwide customer base. All work must be carried out to ensure that all projects are delivered to the required quality, cost and time targets.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- To deliver a very high technical and professional level of service to our customers, with significant focus on safety and quality. The aim is to achieve on time in full, to schedule and right first time.
- The role encompasses worldwide onsite technical assistance to customer during: overhaul, repair, maintenance, fault finding and installation and commissioning of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes. The individual is expected to have expert knowledge in these areas.
- Develop and manage good customer relationships through the provision of professional customer management.
- To provide a full engineering service support for our customers. To develop and manage exceptional customer relationships through excellence in terms of technical capability and also through personal interaction with customers.
- As part of the developing portfolio in the Service Business, it is also required to provide service support to non-company products of a similar nature.
- Act as an ambassador for Company and represent the business with professionalism and enthusiasm.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years post apprenticeship experience.
- Expert knowledge and first-hand experience of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes that are the same or similar to those manufactured by Peter Brotherhood to include trouble shooting, overhaul, repair, fault finding, installation and commissioning.
- Able to produce detailed reports of site activities and recommendations.
- Ability to supervise others at site during installation, commissioning and maintenance activities.
- Experience of working in sugar mills, mining, industrial, oil and gas sectors including offshore is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Good appreciation and understanding of business and commercial issues in relation to the role.
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent.
- Time served Indentured Apprenticeship to a recognised National Standard.
- The role will require extensive worldwide travel, including offshore, often at short notice so a flexible approach is required to working patterns is required.
If you believe you have the drive and energy to make a real difference and add value to our Peterborough based business, please apply to the HR team firstname.lastname@example.org
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2015 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 45001:2018
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines.
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England