Click here to add your own text
Salary range – £29,000 – £33,000 (gross) pa
(dependant on knowledge & experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Tendering Engineer / Engineering Estimator to join us at Peter Brotherhood.
You need to be highly responsive with a customer focused attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Previous experience in mechanical or electrical engineering with estimating experience of bespoke engineered products and services is considered as highly relevant.
Specifically this is an exciting and challenging role that plays a key part in supporting growth of our spare parts business where you will be able to develop both your technical and commercial knowledge. This is a great role for someone looking to broaden their existing experience and provides a future development route to other engineering and commercial roles in Peter Brotherhood.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- To provide quotations and secure orders from our customers for our OEM replacement parts.
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes and performance.
- Prepare cost make-up for the complete scope of supply in-house manufactured and bought-out components.
- Liaise with colleagues in design and manufacturing areas to ensure compliance with original design specification, customer specifications and delivery requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum ONC in an Engineering subject or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Good technical knowledge of similar products and the processes to manufacture them.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills.
- Good commercial acumen and taking balanced commercial risks where appropriate.
- Good negotiation skills.
This role will be based at our Peterborough facility but there may be the occasional requirement to travel within the UK and internationally.
Applicants will need to respond to the following 4 questions that are based around key competencies required for the role:
- Communication – Please describe your communication style and how you utilise this within the workplace.
- Estimation – Based upon your experience, please provide an example of your approach to estimating prices and lead times for a customer.
- Team work – Please describe why you enjoy working within a team.
- Customer focus – With the use of an example please explain your approach to putting a customer first, demonstrating your responsive approach in an environment that is fast paced and has a lot of customer demands.
Candidates need to be aware that interviews for the Part Tendering Engineer position will be taking place on Friday 12 April 2019.
If you believe you have the drive and energy to make a real difference and add value to our business, please submit your covering letter, answering the 4 competency questions listed above, as well as enclosing an up-to-date CV to the HR team firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for submitting applications is Wednesday 3 April 2019.
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2015 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007.
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines.
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England